Friday, February 04, 2005

I got a virus.

Source: VB.class
Description: The compressed file VB.class within C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\archive.jar-25e0f5b-403a9c7d.zip is infected with the Trojan.ByteVerify virus.
Click for more information about this (the link is mine)

Norton's caught it, thank goodness. I let NAV run automatically every Friday, and when I got home, there it was. No idea where it came from, I am going to guess from a webpage, as it is java. Any other type of a virus, and I would have been really surprised, but this one doesn't. During the time I was playing, I didn't care at all if I did, which if you know me in the slightest, would be a great shock, but I was just so immersed in that game, I honestly didn't care. Now, I do, hence why I run an AV all the time, as well as a firewall. Speaking of which, I need to renew my subscription with them, expires in 48 days (just added it to Outlook). I owuld renew now, but it would start the subscription now, instead of tacking it on when my subscription ends in 48 days, pretty lame if you ask me.
If you don't have an AV, here is one for free: AntiVir Personal Edition