Sunday, February 12, 2006

Cheney

Looks like our Vice President shot someone. You can read more about it here

Now, imagine if it was a Democrat. I can imagine the press (yes, the so called liberal press, which is laughable, cause they are more right-leaning then left-leaning). This is how it would go, we'll use a fake senator, call him Joe.

"Senator Joe shoots man while hunting!" would be the headline. Then I'm sure there would be a blurb about the NRA with them ridiculing the Democrats in general, and the senator specifically. Or paragraph about how the Republicans and how they advocate gun rights. I'm not necessarily against owning a gun, but I am curious about something, and let me quote the Second Amendment for reference:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

What exactly was a militia back then. The way I read that, and my understanding of English, is that you have to be part of a militia to own a gun.

One more thing about Cheney shooting that guy... will he be charged? And I mean Cheney being charged, wouldn't want anyone to think I meant the guy who got shot, though the only thing I can think of he could be charged with is... treason or being unpatriotic.

And yes, I know being unpatriotic is not against the law. So why does Cheney and Bush keep on harping about it.

But I disgress.... two main questions are, has it ever happened before, like how CNN reported, and how did it end? No charges? Charged? If charged and convicted, what kind of restitution? etc.

Anyways, time for me to go to work.